You want to build software that matters.
You want to work with a small team and have meaningful ownership of projects.
You like moving fast, and you’re a self-starter with a passion for solving big problems.
You want your work to have impact, and you want to work at a company whose mission you care about.
Chalk is a planning and analytics platform for K-12 that helps schools identify gaps in their curriculum and instruction. Our mission is to empower educators, through technology, in order to give every student an equal opportunity to participate in the future.
As a web developer you will be building software used by over 500,000 teachers, administrators, and students around the world.
We’re looking for a web developer to join our team full-time. You should be comfortable working with other developers, designers, product managers, and non-technical support staff.
As a web developer you will:
– Build, test, and regularly ship performant, easy-to-use, and polished new features
– Work on smaller UI/UX improvements as well as fix various bugs as they pop up
– Collaborate with other developers, designers, and product managers to define and shape projects
– Work with the Customer Care and Success teams to resolve technical issues from clients
What we’re looking for:
– Previous web development experience
– Previous experience working in multi-discipline product teams
– Good product instincts (you care about the end-user experience and not just the code)
What would stand out:
– Familiarity with React
– Familiarity with the K-12 education space
– Production experience building and maintaining applications (preferably using Ruby on Rails)
– Experience in driving B2C paid user conversion
– Strong written and verbal communication skills (you know how to tailor your communication to different stakeholders, both technical and non-technical)
What we offer:
– Competitive salary and employee stock options
– Health benefits, including dental, massages, prescriptions, and more!
– Monthly team lunch (we love food!)
– Flexible working hours (we are a fully remote company)
– Semi-annual company retreats (once it’s safe to gather in-person again)
We want to work with people who make our team better, and are passionate about changing education through technology.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you personally about why you feel you’d be a good fit at Chalk. Send us a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org. And no, we don’t want a generic cover letter – just keep it short and sweet 🙂