You want to design software that matters.
You’re a self-starter with a passion for solving big problems.
You want to enjoy the work that you do, have fun with the people you spend your day with, and make a difference while doing so.
Chalk is a planning and analytics platform for K-12 that helps schools identify gaps in their curriculum and instruction. Our mission is to empower educators, through technology, in order to give every student an equal opportunity to participate in the future.
As our UI/UX designer you will be shaping software used by over 500,000 teachers, administrators, and students around the world.
We’re looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team full-time. You should be comfortable with talking to users, collaborating with engineers and other stakeholders, and thinking long term. A keen eye for identifying problems and a knack for creative solutions is critical.
As our UI/UX Designer you will:
– Concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes
– Ideate solutions by creating sketches, flowcharts, wireframes, and mockups
– Document design decisions and hand-off notes for developers
– Ensure that all product releases meet our standards for aesthetics and show that we care about the finer details
– Partner with product managers to conduct user interviews/testing and summarize insights for stakeholders
– Advocate for educators who use Chalk by deeply understanding their needs and contexts
What we’re looking for:
– Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and visual design skills
– Previous experience with digital UI/UX design
– Experience shipping digital products and features where you have collaborated with product stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
– Ability to clearly articulate design decisions, drawing on stakeholder insights and user interviews
– Comfortable with ambiguity and able to rationalize difficult trade-offs
What would stand out:
– Familiarity with the K-12 education space
– Experience with information architecture and/or redesigning navigation structures
– Experience in driving B2C paid user conversion
– Familiarity with web technologies to understand technical constraints when working with developers
What we offer:
– Competitive salary and employee stock options
– Health benefits, including dental, massages, prescriptions, and more!
– Monthly team lunch (we love food!)
– Flexible working hours (we are a fully remote company)
– Semi-annual company retreats (once it’s safe to gather in-person again)
We want to work with people who make our team better, and are passionate about improving education through technology.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you personally about why you feel you’d be a good fit at Chalk. Send us a short email to email@example.com. And no, we don’t want a generic cover letter – just keep it short and sweet 🙂